Thursday, August 12, 2021

In My Father's House

 

O

n my way to work yesterday morning, an interesting thought occurred to me and I want to share it with you today.  My daily route takes me through several different areas of Fort Worth and Arlington.  I am constantly amazed at the many differences that exist between different regions of these two cities.  I pass by strip malls, restaurants, shopping malls, bookstores, schools, churches, and neighborhood communities.  All of them have their own unique flavor but I enjoy the neighborhoods most of all. 

 

Some of these neighborhoods are large, some are small, some are very wealthy, others are less so, some are very congested and noisy, and others are quaint and quiet.  But no matter the neighborhood and no matter its location, one thing is common to them all.  Each and every one of them contains houses that provide shelter for the residents of these communities. 

 

 

As I passed by several of these developments yesterday, I couldn’t help but make a comparison between God and a house.  Now I know you’re wondering where I’m going with this but I want you to think about it.  Your house is one of the best examples of how God cares for you, provides for you, protects you, and comforts you.  As you read the rest of today’s Tidbit, consider the importance of living in your Father’s house! 

 

In a house…..                                           In God…. 

 

I am protected.                                          I have protection. Psalm 18:2 

I am safe and secure.                                I have security. Psalm 4:8 

I am fed.                                                     I am never hungry. John 6:35 

I have good conversation with friends.    I have companionship. Psalm 9:10 

I have a place to rest.                                  I have a place to rest. Matthew 11:28 

I have stored provisions.                            I have all I need. Philippians 4:19 

I have warmth.                                           I have comfort. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 

I have a family.                                        I have a family. Ephesians 3:14-16 

I am loved.                                                 I am loved. Jeremiah 31:3 

 

In John 14:2, Jesus reminds us of the importance of belonging to God’s family. It comes with the privilege of having a place in God’s house.  “In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.” Do you know Jesus Christ as your savior?  Can you claim the promises listed above?  Do you have a place in my Father’s house?    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and comments about today's Tidbit with us.