Monday, July 12, 2021

Look What I Made

 

C

reativity comes in many shapes and sizes and some of us are way more gifted in this area than are others.  History is filled with examples of people who stretched the concept of creativity and redefined it. Michelangelo’s genius gave us the Sistine Chapel, Einstein’s creativity gave us the theory of relativity, Christian Barnard’s ideas made heart transplant surgery possible, and Mozart’s creative genius shattered all concepts of what music could be. 

 

One weekend, I had an opportunity to try my hand at being creative.  One of my colleagues joined me on a Saturday morning at our office so we could do some “creative rearranging.”  Over the summer, crews had done some repair work in our building, and this included installing a new air conditioning system.  We were required to pack up all our belongings, store them, and move out of the building until further notice.  We were alerted that we could return to the building and put our offices back in order. So that’s exactly what we did. 

 

When we finished, the office looked great, but my real creative work lay ahead of me.  During the refurbishing process, my office partner’s husband told me about a website his wife had made for her classes.  The website was used to keep students apprised of the class assignments and was a place where they could go anytime for information.  The tools for building a website were all online and I determined to do the same for my students, especially since most of them lived on the Internet in the first place. 

 

So, I worked until late Saturday evening constructing a website. The instructions were clear, all the templates I needed were online, and it didn’t appear to be too complicated which was a good thing for me.  Anyhow, the real difficulty came in selecting the colors, shapes, links, and pictures I wanted to use on the site.  On more than one occasion I changed different elements on the page, opting for this color, or that shape, or a certain position on the page.  Finally, after hours of playing and tweaking, it was time to test the site for errors. 

 

I pushed the button and uploaded the site to the web.  It worked!!  I sat there for another hour or so just looking at it, playing with it, clicking buttons, and enjoying the fruits of my labor.  That’s when it hit me out of the blue.  The feeling of satisfaction I experienced could only be the smallest fraction of the way God felt when He created everything that is.  Genesis 1:31 gives us the following insight into God’s perspective on His creativity, “God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning-the sixth day. “  

 

After His work, God looked over everything and saw it was very good.  He rested from His work, satisfied that the work was completed, and everything was perfect.  And we need to understand that God’s work is perfect and complete and good.  Even when we are not sure why our lives take difficult twists and turns, we can rest in the knowledge that God’s is creatively guiding our steps to conform us to the image of Jesus Christ.  The ultimate creativity, eternity with our Heavenly Father, awaits usWhen we get there, I believe we will hear Him say, “Welcome home!  Look what I made for you!”  Are you ready to hear those words?  I hope you are.  Have a very creative day in the Lord today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and comments about today's Tidbit with us.