Friday, January 30, 2015

In Stock

 Carp's Daily Tidbits
"Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits." Psalm 103:2

Date: Friday, January 30, 2015
Today's Title: In Stock!
Today's Scripture: Philippians 4:19

A few days ago, I was surfing the Internet when I happened to visit one of the online sites that sells books.  Now I am always in the market for a good and interesting book and fully intend on reading all the volumes I have in my collection.  In the meantime, however, I keep adding to the pile, ever on the lookout for additional books to add to my existing library. 

The website was divided into several sections, each one addressing a particular area of interest to the book lover.  There was a section for new publications, one section introduced new authors, there was a section for works by famous authors, and a wonderful search feature which allowed you to look up a work by author, title, or keyword.  Needless to say, I spent almost an hour just browsing through this particular company’s offerings.

There were at least five books which caught my interest and I investigated them further by looking up their prices and availability.  As soon as I selected a particular title, I was taken to a different page which described the book in greater detail.  There were several reviews by individuals who had purchased the book and these provided greater insight into the work and its author.  Finally, there was also information concerning the availability of the book for purchase.  Most of the books were available for shipment within 48 hours but a few of them were out of stock and required at least three weeks before they could be shipped. 

Since I was only browsing, I didn't purchase any of the books I researched.  Nevertheless, it occurred to me that if I wanted them, it would be at least two days to several weeks before I could actually put my hands on them and read them.  My ability to have the books in my possession depended on their availability and the amount of time the book seller required to locate and ship the book to me.

As I mulled this over in my thoughts, a wonderful idea came to mind.  God’s grace, His mercy, His love, and His provision are always at our disposal and they are always in stock, in ample quantities, available for immediate delivery.  Knowing Jesus Christ as our savior and lord gives us full access to God’s storehouse of blessings and ensures us that our prayers and petitions will be heard.

Philippians 4:19 underscores the vast and inexhaustible resources God places at our disposal through His son, Jesus Christ.  This verse reads, “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Notice the confidence of the Apostle Paul in this verse.  First, He is confident that any need he has will be adequately supplied by God.  It doesn't matter how large or how small the need, God will supply it.

Second, Paul categorically states that God will meet all our needs, not just a selective few.  If we need shelter, He provides it.  If we need companionship, He is there. If we need reassurance and strength during times of difficulty, God assures us and encourages us.  God has promised to supply all our needs and He provides them through the glorious riches found in Christ Jesus.

These riches are always available and exist in ample supply in God’s warehouse of blessings.  God never puts our needs on back-order and He never informs us that His grace, His mercy, nor His provisions are temporarily out of stock.  God’s riches in Jesus Christ are inexhaustible and He invites us to bring our requests boldly before His throne so He can bless us with every good blessing.


As you face the day ahead, you can take great encouragement from the knowledge that God can and will supply all your needs today.  He is ready, He is willing, and He is able to meet all your needs.  His grace, His mercy, His love, His blessings, and His provision for you are always in stock, always available, and always at your disposal if you know Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.  When was the last time you received a shipment from God’s storehouse? Don’t you think it’s time you placed an order?   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and comments about today's Tidbit with us.