Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Under The Covers

T
he blanket on my bed is one of my best friends.  Now it may seem odd to you that I have befriended a blanket but we have a very close relationship!  Each night I stretch the blanket over my bed and hop it.  The weight of that blanket reassures me and gives me a wonderful feeling of security and protection.

Whether in January or in September, the blanket faithfully covers me. It keeps me warm and guards against anything that would disturb my sleep.  When I go to sleep the blanket is there and when I awake in the morning, it is still spread across the bread standing guard over me.  The faithfulness of that blanket has shielded me through many nights and I know it will do so in the many nights yet to come.

David, the shepherd king of Israel, fully understood the protective comfort of being shielded by God.  In Psalm 91:4 he penned the following words“He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.”

Can’t you just feel the comfort, warmth, and security of God’s wings in David’s words?  Throughout his life and trials be it in front of Goliath, being chased by Saul, or facing down his enemies, David knew the comfort and assurance found under the protection of God’s wings.

He says very plainly that God’s wings provide refuge and that God’s faithfulness, not ours, will be our shield.  God is always faithful. His eyes are always on us and he fights for us even when we are unaware of the enemy’s presence.

Are you living under the covers today?  Do you know the wonderful privilege of being gathered under God’s wings?  Do you feel the warmth and security of his presence in all of life’s situations?  If not, it is my prayer that today you would ask God to come into your heart, to be the king of your life, and to surround you with his wings today.  There is nothing like being under the cover of God’s wings.  Won’t you ask him to cover you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and comments about today's Tidbit with us.