Tuesday, August 23, 2016

House Inspection

O
n August 9, 2006, I met with a builder and did a walkthrough of the new house I was going to move into the following week.  That walkthrough represented the culmination of the building process and the beginning of transferring the property from the builder to me.

The purpose of the meeting was a final inspection.  I opened all the doors, pushed all the buttons, flipped all the switches, looked in every nook and cranny, and inspected every inch of the place in order to find flaws and things that needed to be repaired.  I was told “not to be kind” but to mark everything that concerned me.

Building a house was the most humbling experience of my life.  To think, that God would allow me to build a home and to see the care and love that everyone involved in this process showered upon me often moved me to tears.

Like most people involved in this process, I visited the site on a daily basis.  My parents received a nail-by-nail report of the construction.  They didn’t see the house in the real, only pictures I e-mailed, but they knew it as well, if not better, than I did.  Yet, throughout all this, the words of Solomon from Psalm 127 continued to echo in my mind.  Solomon reminds us of this great truth in Psalm 127:1, “Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain who build it…”

If this is true of a house, imagine how much more true it is of a life.  Unless God is the builder of our lives, we labor in vain to build one.  Only He truly knows us.  Only He knows what we can stand, what we can face, how strong and how weak we actually are.  He knows these things because He has made us, the Scriptures are very clear on that point. 

When we allow God to really inspect our lives, to find and locate all the areas of concern and ones that can cause problems, we acknowledge Him as the master builder.  He alone knows how to build our lives so that they bring glory and honor to Him.  His plans for us are perfect and even though we don’t always understand them, they always work to produce good in our lives, good that God will use to make us stronger and better than we would ever be on our own.


So, as my inspection moved forward, I was reminded that God inspects my life every day.  He looks deep into my heart and finds all types of things that will cause problems and disasters if they are not repaired.  Are you ready for your house to be inspected today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts and comments about today's Tidbit with us.